TOKENIZED ASSET AND SECURITY TOKEN EXCHANGE
A fully licensed and regulatory compliant tokenized asset and security token exchange in Asia serving institutional and accredited investors
WHAT IS VAULTEX?
VAULTEX is a tokenized asset and security token exchange which combines REGULATORY COMPLIANCE with BEST OF BREED TECHNOLOGIES to facilitate asset tokenization, security token offerings (STOs) and security token trading for institutional and accredited investors.
Through TOKENIZATION, we provide companies and asset owners with a deeper and more global pool of investors while participants will be provided with access to previously inaccessible assets in an EFFICIENT and COST EFFECTIVE manner.
By INNOVATING securities and alternative assets through blockchain technology, Vaultex will bridge the gap between off-chain and on-chain markets.
Full regulatory compliance, we embrace traditional financial regulation and complete KYC/AML checks
Utilize long proven exchange software, existing forex APIs, and frontend UI / UX solutions in dedicated financial colocation facility approved by regulator
For Vaultex Approved Investors
Trading only for institutional & accredited investors
Act as liquidity provider to companies, asset owners and investors
Operations, Global HQ
- World’s 3th largest FOREX exchange center with average daily trading >500 billion USD per day
- Cryptocurrency friendly regulatory environment
- High concentration of institutional funds & family offices
- Reasonable taxation policies
KEY VAULTEX STRENGTHS
Our key competitive strengths are:
- the provision of liquidity to the market;
- listing and tokenizing assets with unique rights that are not generally found in the market or are generally considered too small to securitize and are therefore difficult to trade;
- use of best of breed technologies;
- full regulatory compliance;
- extensive KYC/AML checks;
- our top of the line security; and
our efficient and inexpensive user experience.
Best of breed technologies
- Proven and approved operational technologies recognized within the institutional finance industry
- Vaultex has licensed Cinnober’s TRADExpress Trading System, a world-class and award winning matching engine solution, which drives many major financial electronic exchanges worldwide and Cinnober’s award winning TRADExpress Real Time Clearing solution
- Any traditional trading front end, gateway, or trading bot can connect via standard FIX API
First mover advantage
Vaultex will be one of the first to enable trading of security tokens on a fully regulated exchange in one of the world’s leading capital markets
Will also be one of the first to:
- operate an institutional grade electronic exchange to trade tokenized spot gold bullion and other precious metals;
- tokenize futures contracts for other commodities including natural gas;
tokenize securities through STOs; and
- tokenize other assets such as real estate and individual power plants
Leading market change
- Vaultex has an experienced management team with both strong financial and technical backgrounds capable of leading change and ensuring full institutional compliance and technical development.
- Exchanges that can facilitate regulated security token trading are an essential component in the digital asset ecosystem
- Vaultex has assembled a team ideally qualified to create a world class digital asset trading platform
VAULTEX LAUNCH PLAN
Vaultex will launch as an electronic securities exchange and platform through which spot gold bullion, other precious metals and commodities and assets will be tokenized, listed and traded, pursuant to an exemption under the Commodity Trading Act.
Vaultex will initially focus on the tokenization of spot gold bullion, which is scheduled for listing and trading in Q2 2019. Following the listing of the gold tokens, Vaultex will undertake the tokenization of spot silver, spot platinum and spot palladium. It is Vaultex’s intention to then tokenize futures contracts for precious metals tokenized on the Vaultex Exchange and to issue and index to a basket of precious metal tokens that can be traded and hedged against.
Upon receipt of the relevant licenses from the MAS, Vaultex intends to operate as a platform for companies to list and subsequently trade a range of tokenized securities through STOs. Vaultex will also tokenize new and alternative financial instruments that contain features not found in the present market, allowing them to be listed and offered to Vaultex market participants.
- Full regulation and compliance: Vaultex intends to establish a market for STOs and security token trading that is fully licensed and compliant with MAS’ requirements and operates within Singapore’s regulatory framework.
- Standards: Vaultex intends to create a high standard for listing and rules for admission and trading.
- Quality and compliance: Vaultex will institute stringent AML/KYC checks on all potential traders.
- Liquidity: The Vaultex Exchange will be developed as a marketplace for tokenized securities, bringing a new level of access, liquidity, and transparency to traditional and cryptocurrency markets.
Our exchange matching engine and clearing technologies are best-of-breed, proven and approved within the institutional finance industry, and deployed in a low-latency high-throughput global financial tier III data center, SG1. SG1 is the most network-dense data center in the region and offers access to one of the three global roaming exchange peering points worldwide.
Vaultex has licensed a customized version of the Cinnober TRADExpress Trading System and TRADExpress RealTime Clearing System from Cinnober Financial Technology, a provider of trading and clearing technology to marketplaces and clearinghouses globally.
In the lead up to our launch and following launch, we intend to pursue the following key business strategies, many of which are focused on the regulation of Vaultex and attainment of the relevant licenses:
- launch under the CTA Exemption in early 2019;
- attainment of licenses required to launch security token exchange platform;
- expansion to act as global liquidity provider;
- list the VLTX Tokens on the Vaultex Exchange and other exchanges globally;
- MAS approval as an AE; and
- provision of support for autonomous forms of trading.
Our team is composed of industry veterans with broad experience and a strong ethical mission.
CEO AND DIRECTOR
Jeffrey has been advising companies, venture funds and family offices in Asia for over 25 years and has extensive experience in a variety of industries, including finance, software and electronic hardware development, supply chain management, telecom and infrastructure. Additionally, he has a deep knowledge and understanding of start-up companies and has started many of his own, including Meson Partners Ltd., a telecom tower services provider in Myanmar, and Sky Fiber Incorporated, the first major reseller of the O3B network.
Jeffrey is currently the Managing Director and a co-founder of ICM, and president and co-founder of Baryon, Inc., a technology start-up with a focus on the commercialisation of disruptive energy efficiency technologies.
CHAIRMAN AND DIRECTOR
Doug has a range of experience in law, finance and the natural resource sector and has been actively involved in business in Asia for more than 25 years. Doug is currently Senior Counsel at McMillan LLP, a Canadian law firm, and serves as Chairman of Xlocate Ltd., a media and communications company focused on secure communications and artificial intelligence.
Doug is currently a director and a co-founder of ICM.
Prior to holding these roles, Doug acted as the President and CEO of TSX listed Sunwah International and Kingsway Capital of Canada Ltd., two financial services firms, and co-founded Borealis Funds Management Ltd.
Matthew has over 25 years of experience in corporate finance and advisory expertise with a focus on business and investments in Asia as well as significant experience in KYC and AML compliance.
Matthew is currently a director and a co-founder of ICM.
Matthew also serves as a Protector of a family office trust where he is responsible for asset management and investments. Additionally, Matthew is the Managing Director of LionRock Investments Pte. Ltd., a family investment office, and has served on the board of directors for a number of companies across Asia and Europe
CHIEF INVESTOR RELATIONS OFFICER
Umar has significant experience in asset management and investments, client development and business development.
Umar is currently a director and a co-founder of ICM.
Prior to founding ICM, Umar worked at a family investment office as an investment officer, where he was responsible for management of investments, with a focus on real estate investments. Following this role, Umar worked at HAWT Energy, a wind turbine company in business development, client development and government relations, where he was also responsible for founding their consultancy arm and renewable energy farm site selection.
James has over 20 years of investment experience in a wide range of industries, including venture capital investments and has a background in business, telecommunications and electrical engineering.
James is currently a director and a co-founder of ICM.
James also serves as the Co-Founder and General Partner of Focus Ventures, a private equity fund that invests in expansion stage technology companies and is a co-founder, venture partner and investment committee member of Mingxin China Growth Fund I and II, which make private equity investments in China. James is also President and Chief Executive Officer of Oorja Protonics, Inc., which develops methanol fuel cell-based back-up power systems. Prior to holding these roles, James co-founded Focus, where he led several investments in telecom companies.
CHIEF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Kevin has experience in a number of industries and fields, including technology, mathematics, financial modeling, finance and venture capital. Kevin is a co-founder of ICM.
Kevin began his career in mathematics and technology and spent ten years working in Silicon Valley in the tech industry. Following his time in Silicon Valley, Kevin joined Google as a member of the Google Ad Sales Team, specializing in back-end work to support sales revenues.
Kevin has over 15 years of financial experience, with a focus on trading a variety of instruments, including options, swaps, debt and equity. He also has significant experience as an angel investor, an industry and passion he has been actively involved in for the last 10 years.
In addition to the above roles, Kevin acts as Chief Strategic Officer and Business Development Officer to multiple privately held companies globally.
Carla has over six years of experience in law and a range of experience in corporate law, commercial law, hedge funds, private equity funds and initial public offerings.
Carla is currently General Counsel of a late-stage fintech start-up.
Richard has significant experience as a technology executive, software engineer and systems architect and has worked in Asia for over 17 years with a focus on China-based technology companies. Richard is fluent in a range of programming languages and development tools and techniques and has a background in physics and theoretical physics. Richard acted as Director of Technology and Online Marketing at SHANGHA9, a Chinese retailer of imported food and beverage products. Richard also served as Director of Technology at Innotech Labs, a start-up focusing on optimising website advertising revenue and Chief Technology Officer of Diversitech Group, a pioneer in the field of international trade and media infrastructure.